Sunday, October 10, 2010

Live in the now

"The secret of health for the mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."  --Buddha

You cannot change the past, the future is uncertain; all we really have is this present moment in time.

Right now I want you to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.  Resolve to yourself, yesterday is gone so I will not think about it.  Tomorrow is but a dream and my reality is now.

Just for today I will think about today.  What can I do to make today count?
How can I make my life better today?  How can I make everyone else's life better today?  Am I truly doing the best that I can with my relationships, abilities, and opportunities?  How can I do better?  What can I do right now to wisely and earnestly change things?  What am I not doing that I should be doing to change things?  When you discover the answer then do it immediately.

Make this moment in time count.  Live in the now. Do all that you can do to use this moment wisely.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

I will live in the now, use this time wisely and make today count.

No comments: